Coord Roundup: January


Hello Darlings,

One of my goals for 2017 is to better document my coords, and share them when I can.

One main reason for this is that I constantly forget to take photos of my outfits, even if I put a lot of time and effort into perfecting them.

Or, after I spend all that time dressing up, I am too scared to post photos outside of my personal circle. And it's not necessarily about my clothing, but my face or body type. I worry about retribution for my physical aspects I can't change, so I rarely post.

However, criticism is not always a bad thing. It is, after all, meant as a constructive thing to help you improve. As long as I receive criticism on how to make my outfits better, then I don't mind.

And after all-- this is a fashion blog. In spite of that, I have a handful of entries at best showing my outfits. That's awfully pathetic, and tarnishes my credibility, don't you think?

This month, I got to wear Lolita 4 times in total. In the past, 4 times in a month would be a lot, but in my current state, I think that's just where I want to be. I am moving towards wearing Lolita, or some aspect as often as possible. But as a new mom of a two-month old infant, who also works full-time, I'd say four times in a month is quite a lot.

January 12th


This was my outfit for my comm's monthly swap meet. This was my first time wearing Lolita since giving birth. 

I was itching to wear some of the pieces I accumulated while I was pregnant, but couldn't wear. On the top of my list was this "Three Archangels" long OP by Innocent World. I find the silhouette very flattering, and I love the long skirt. This OP is also half-shirred in the back, which made it very comfortable. It was a good outfit to get back into the swing of things. 

OP: Innocent World
Blouse: Bodyline
Headdress: Sweet Mildred
Socks: Enchantlic Enchantilly
Shoes: Offbrand (Dolce by Mojo Moxie)


January 15th


This is what I wore for my new comm's 10th Anniversary Tea Party. (I've been here a year, but it still feels like a new comm to me!) The theme was "Winter", so I wore my new jsk, "The Gift" by L'esprit de la Noblesse.

L'esprit de la Noblesse is a Russian Indie Brand, headed by fashion power couple Elizabeth and Nicolas. Together, they create many whimsical and unique Lolita designs, drawing from traditional garb of Russian royalty, and creatures of fantasy alike. "The Gift" was a limited Christmas release. Part of the profits were donated to a Russian charity.

With the long hemline and metallic champagne chiffon, this dress is easily one of my favourites.

My concept for this event was "Clara from The Nutcracker".

Dress: L'esprit de la Noblesse
Blouse: Bodyline
Socks: American Apparel
Headbow: Innocent World
Purse: Baby, the Stars Shine Bright
Shoes: Offbrand (Dolce by Mojo Moxie)


January 22nd


This is what I wore when visiting the San Antonio, Texas Lolitas, for their "Cheers to 2017!" Meetup.

My husband and I were visiting his family in Texas, when I attended this meet-up. My brother and sister in law both happen to be members of the comm, and were kind enough to take me along to the local meet-up. The theme just happened to be old school, which is one of my current obsessions!

My sister-in-law is to the left of me, in the photo above. I'm sorry, this photo caught me mid-blink!

Bonnet, Blouse, Jsk, Purse: Baby, the Stars Shine Bright
Socks: Metamorphose
Shoes: Montreal


January 27th


This is my favourite outfit of the month. 

A lolita girlfriend and I decided to go out for macarons on a random Friday afternoon. I took her to my favourite Patisserie, "Sweethearts Patisserie" in Annapolis. I knew the shop often decorates for Valentine's Day about this time, so I decided to dress to match the decor.

Beret: Innocent World
Blouse, Bolero, Jsk, Purse: Baby, the Stars Shine Bright
Socks: Metamorphose
Shoes (Not pictured): Bodyline 

And I think that's all I'll fit in this month! 

Since I'm gearing up to go back to work, and transition by daughter into Daycare soon, I am sure that the next month will be hectic. But I hope that I still find time to dress up! With a promised monthly swap meet, and a special Valentine's Day Tea, I at least have two events to look forward to!

Here's hoping I keep up with the outfit photos, and that the quality of the outfits (and outfit shots) improves throughout the year!

Xoxo,
Cherie 

No comments:

Post a Comment