Live: Dolly [Iris in Wonderland]


Hey Darlings!

Last Tuesday, I went to a live in Sakae with a friend from school. It was a one-man live for Dolly; if you're into lolita, you may know them for their collaborations with Black Peace Now.


The venue was just a five minute walk from Oosu Kanon temple, in e.l.l.'s FITS ALL live house.  It's a three story venue with different lives on each floor. 

One of the more interesting sounding lives that night was a band called "BLOOD AND CHAIN": the "LIVE DAMN YOU, LIVE!" tour. Since there were a lot of older people lined up outside at the same time, all I could think was "They're DEFINITELY here for Blood and Chain." Haha~

Anyway, back to Dolly, which was held on the third floor. The hall was probably the smallest I've been in, it couldn't have been holding more than a hundred people. There were a few people in Visual Kei or lolita, but mostly the crowd was dressed in typical Nagoya fare of cookie-cutter department store outfits. Still stylish, but like the name of the club, "fits all". 

There were tiny vendor tables selling photo sets, dvds and albums, but actual merch was dispensed through a 500 yen gachapon machine. The picture in the container you won was the merchandise you got. Some prizes were towels, buttons, shirts and tote bags to name a few. 

You could also buy glow sticks stamped with the band name. At first I didn't give it much thought, since it's usual for bands to sell flashlights and such. But later in the live, the fans were all doing coordinated dances with them. It made me wonder, how do they all know such things? 

The live was so much fun. They played a good mix of fast and slow songs, and took a long time to talk to the fans during the interlude. They're all so sweet and their distinct personalities show on stage. Masa, my bias in Dolly, often moves like a mechanical doll. Mitsu, the vocalist, is very talented but surprisingly shy!

The live was long too, with not one, but two encores. I left in total visual kei bliss, loving the band even more.


Unfortunately, I heard that this is Dolly's last tour before they go on hiatus. I hope it's not true, considering they just released a new single, and from the looks of it, have a Promo event at La Foret's Black Peace Now store in June. 

They've grown in talent and personality since I first heard of them; they've cultivated their own flavour for their songs, something that takes a lot of experience, creativity and team work. On top of all this, the close relationship with their fans made the atmosphere of that hall so bright and friendly; not many bands take such a personal interest. I felt like every member was looking at every smiling face individually, and smiling back. 


In other news, I announced in my last post that I wanted to do something special to celebrate having 100 followers. I decided to have a give away, and I haven't quite decided the means, but I've all ready gotten the prize. 

Here's a hint!


 Till next time,
Cherie

No comments:

Post a Comment